Her Game Plan by Emma Kate - Book 2 in Her League Book series
I'm in a reading slump and the fact that I finished this book in 3days says a lot. I loved our strong and put-together FMC Charlotte and don't even get me started on our golden retriever MMC, Callan. This book gave me so much even the 3rd-act breakup felt so needed (I know, weird coming from me but it just worked)I did skip the spice as it isn't my thing but even in saying that the chemistry in this book was off the charts and their longing was beautifully written.
What stuck with me:
The MMC - hands-down, just the way Emma made him this people pleaser but not in the annoying way, almost a sad way, a beautifully broken way... how he had to realize that not everyone will leave and he is worth staying for.
What surprised me:
That this was going to turn into a 5star rating - this book gave me all the feels! I loved the side-characters, the FMC and the MMC - I even liked Charlotte's niece (and kids are difficult to write)
What frustrated me:
The fact that I had to work and only had time in the evening to read this book!
What I couldn't stop thinking about:
The way they just grew together in the quiet spaces, being intentional with their time away from the spotlight and their demanding day-to-day responsibilities.
What I would actually tell another reader:
Sometimes a book surprises you in the best way! Pick up this book and get lost in Charlotte and Callan's story.
Thank you Emma Kate for gifting me this arc in return for an honest review.

Comments
Post a Comment